Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Art and what not


The past two days were spent working on my last clip art assignment - Holiday art...
...a turkey, cornucopia and 4 related borders. These along with the change in the weather and light, a sure sign that summer is almost over and in the blink of an eye I will be wrapping Christmas presents and wondering where the last three months have gone.
I have totally enjoyed working on these and last weeks "breakfast boxes" project.
Today we drove the backroad to Jacksonville to check out the miracle doors I had posted an ad on Craigslist for to finish the shed that started out as a carport. Turns out Bonnie had sold the doors, but had some other possible replacements. Her place was worth the drive, I took a bunch of pictures I will post of her creative displays. She has a little place called Wheelbarrow Lane and is prepping for a citywide sale that takes place this Saturday and Sunday. Bonnie is from the Bay Area, what a surprise, so are half the folks who live in the area, and just talking on the phone I knew she was someone I wanted to meet. She was so sorry she sold the doors, but immediately called some friends she knew that were renovating and selling their french doors. We drove over to her friend Julies' fantastic Bed and Breakfast a few blocks away and bought a set that also included the frame.
Even better!

No comments: