Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Simple Abundance


I've been trying to find a way to use this photo I took a few weeks ago, when the last thing I wanted to do on that beautiful sunny day was a run with Dave to get kindling. Every year he makes a trip out to 'the Kindling Farm' and stocks up for the winter. I have never done the drive and only heard about the place for years. Still, nothing prepared me for the view, massively surrounded by wood bits at least a few acres wide, with some piles stacked up a good ten feet. The rub is to load the pickup with as much as we could jam in the back. Its ten dollars for a load and if you carefully lay them in- as opposed to throwing them wily nilly its a giant mess of wood, and a lot of bending over. Right now I am reaping the rewards of that day as my fire started this morning with ease and my front porch is jammed with enough fire starting material to last the winter.

2 comments:

Martina Konietzny M.F.A. said...

Rose, what a deal. Here I just ordered two little bags at $ 3.00 each.

The photo is awesome.

Love you forever.

Martina

Martina Konietzny M.F.A. said...

Oh, yes and Happy Birthday, that's why I called yesterday but forgot to mention it-just as you requested.

Kisses Martina