Monday, February 2, 2009
I know that each and every day is a leap of faith in one way or another.
And for instance, that it IS a personal choice to believe that Punxsutawney Phil could be wrong and we will get an early spring... my tooth implosion will improve, and I will be able to eat solid food soon... that the sun will come out today and the days ARE getting longer. I have to believe that my new client I'm working for will come through with the financial compensation he promises from the income generated by the marketing materials I am working on. I have to believe that as I am challenged, I can deliver and not in anything other than to the best of my abilities kind of way.
Lately my trust has been challenged by clients who have taken advantage of my creative talent. Promising me raises that haven't been followed through on, and when questioned, canceled my contract, and presently a job offered that hasn't happened because the previous designer changed her mind about leaving... when challenged by finding a better position.
I try to find the silver lining in every situation presented to me, to look back on the previous week and see what I have accomplished and learned. What have I done that has contributed to my dream, my goal, my big picture.
In the face of being challenged creatively, financially and attitude wise, have I been kind and walked my path with the solid belief that things will improve, and I am being taken care of. That in spite of a string of heart breaks and poor choices, that my soft place to fall will be there to catch me for the long haul.
....and the bottom line, embracing the fact that faith is a constant and challenging workshop I have to believe in.
In January, my friend Lori forwarded me these "Words of Wisdom for the New Year" and I have been trying to work them into a blog post. Todays' seems appropriate...enjoy.
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile.
It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
Talk to God about what is going on in your life.
3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'My purpose is to ________ today. I am thankful for ___________'.
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.
9. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
11. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12. You are not so important that you have to win every argument - agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
14. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years will this matter?'
17. Forgive everyone for everything.
18. What other people think of you is none of your business.
19. GOD heals everything - but you have to ask.
20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
21. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch!!!
22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
23. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for _________. Today I accomplished _________.
24. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
25. When you are feeling down, start listing your many blessings. You'll be smiling before you know it.