Sunday, February 8, 2009

Senior Moments


I is for IDLE SENIORS
On Saturday Dave and I headed over to the Grange to see if I could get our local chapter of the Old Time Fiddlers who were playing there, to commit to playing the Senior Fair in June. We stayed for a few tunes, where I shot these photos for the Alphabet Challenges' letter I. Outside it was 64 glorious degrees, it was a tough decision to remain inside watching them play music, rip up the dance floor and socialize. We then headed over to the local swap meet, scoring a few treasures and afterwards, the Mini Pet Mart to get the dogs nailed trimmed.
This morning we headed out for a hike and drove out to Waters Creek, outside of Selma. We wound our way about 5 miles up the mountain, where we were overlooking the fog. It was absolutely breathtaking, a reminder of the reason I remain despite the winter weather that continually challenges me.

No comments: